The Tidewater Rotary Club of Easton is pleased to announce its first Flags for Cancer event that will provide a beautiful visual display of colorful flags in our community this fall. More importantly, Flags for Cancer will help raise awareness for cancer and cancer survivors, and provide an important and much needed source of fund raising for two vital organizations helping people in need in our local community.
The Tidewater Rotary is working closely with the Talbot County-based Colors of Cancer Committee under the Mid-Shore Community Foundation, to ensure that all funds raised are used locally. The money raised from the Flags for Cancer event will go to the Colors of Cancer group and directly benefit:
- The Richard M. Slaughter Patient Support Fund, which has been designed to help support cancer patients and their families through the Patient in Need Fund at the Cancer Center at UM Shore Regional Health in Easton.
- The Michael Menzies Oncology Scholarship Fund, which is a scholarship program assisting individuals who are pursuing a degree related to oncology, cancer research or other cancer-related professions.
The Talbot County community is invited to get involved in this very important cause that is directly impacting our local residents. Opportunities include:
- Purchase a flag in honor of a loved one who may be struggling with cancer or in memory of someone near and dear to them.
- Sponsor the program. There will be various sponsorship levels – $2,500, $1,000 and $500 sponsors will help build this program. These corporate and individual sponsors will benefit from signage and advertising opportunities throughout the span of this program and they will know they have had a direct impact in helping people in need in our community.
- Volunteer to help with various aspects of setting up and dismantling the flags in our community.
- Join Tidewater Rotary Club of Easton. New Rotarians are a growing group of leaders focused on helping and giving back to our community.
For more information, contact Lee Newcomb at firstname.lastname@example.org, 410-829-4911, or Chuck Lennon at clennon@CoastConsultingServices.com or 949-510-7831, or visit www.TidewaterEastonRotary.org to learn more about this exciting program benefiting our local community.